Friday, May 29, 2009

What a day

I saw The Wizard of Oz two nights ago, and Im constantly floored by that story. I've been thinking about it a lot lately and recently found out that Action Synthese is creating a fully CGI animated film based of the L. Frank Baum books. I tried not to react-but honestly felt a little torn that I am not a part of this, as if God has given me some authority over this story because its meant so much to me. Now especially, after graduation from school. I feel a little like I was in Oz and now am back in Kansas; a place that has its own beauties but where I'm not fully home either. Now a character liek Dorothy is like the quintessential child in all of us. The one that digs its heels into the ground in fear of growing up. But eventually we do have to grow up. We must own up to our humanity, face the consequences of our actions or inaction, and be a part of this world. We're all afraid of being brainless, heartless, and cowards-we all experience what those things are like. And we suffer for them, and occassionaly so do others.
I was driving one day to work and I completely zoned out and suddenly I was at work and thought "How the hell did I get here?"

No comments:

Post a Comment